Internship in Slovenia, University of Ljubljana

Meet Gabija Pagojūtė, student of the Faculty of Environmental Engineering, and her internship experience at Slovenia, University of Ljubljana

For me, it was not a big challenge to go there, because I have been in that faculty before with study exchange, had the knowledge, and knew the professors and mentors from the very beginning. We discussed some tasks before my arrival, also I knew the system of the university, etc. Even though it was not hard for me to go there, working with professors and taking responsibility for the tasks, made me really look seriously at the job I was doing and have a will to not letting the people down which was a great motivation. In the end, I received many nice words and left with quite a few friends made out there.

Only one recommendation to the ones who might follow my steps - work with passion, accept all the tasks and fieldwork offered, it is not always easy even hard sometimes get up early around 4am or carry heavy equipment up and down the slope, but the end is always rewarding and people really enjoy working with you.

Internship goals: Learn more about the geodesy field I am mostly interested in.

Internship results: Worked in a team, acknowledged some new software, learned about geodesy in mountainous regions.

Work environment: I had my own office in one of the professors' office. Had my own desk with all the programs and a good computer to run them.

Which competencies, skills did you improve during the internship?: Work in a team, few new software, communication skills, broaden my knowledge in geodesy field.

How did the internship affect your sense of being a European?: Made me feel at home even in a foreign country.

Advantages of your internship: A great and pleasant challenge to myself. Work peculiarity in the international team. Language, new environments, new people, new landscape, different laws and regulations, different systems.

Practical advice to other students: No direct flights for now, so tickets quite pricy, but working in the university gives you the advantage to request a dormitory which is very well located and the cheapest option for accommodation. No special preparation, just go and enjoy.

Why would you like to recommend or not this internship place to other VILNIUS TECH students?: Very friendly and welcome staff, great mentor, interesting tasks, and overall amazing experience!


Komentarai

Populiarūs įrašai