Ainur Maratkyzy (FMF): "People here are very welcoming"

 Erasmus+ studies in Portugal


I am very grateful I had an opportunity to participate in Erasmus+ programme! There is list of things that motivated me to apply for it:

experiencing different culture,

meeting people all over the world,

• as well as developing skills like adaptability,

• responsibility,

• problem solving.


I chose Portugal as a country and Polytechnic Institute of Viana do Castelo (IPVC) as a Receiving University. Studies were mostly in Portuguese language; however, a big part of professors were helpful and competent to teach in English too. The course I had was called “Engineering Informatics”. The main advantage is that mostly all subjects were compatible with Vilnius Tech study programme. The method of teaching at IPVC was slightly different, as students should work and study mostly by themselves. Which is harder, but this way I gained more information. In addition, I was satisfied with conditions of facilities and technologies there, a lot of things were automated.

In terms of practical advice, I’d start with accommodation. The dormitory was provided for Erasmus students, everything was clearly explained by emails. Plus, everyone assigned with their Erasmus Guide friend for any occurred problems.

Financially Portugal is a good choice. Especially in Viana do Castelo and other small cities. The accommodations are affordable, there is a website idealista.pt, where students search for apartments. Discounts for students are very practical in transportations.

Talking about Portuguese culture is different. People here are very welcoming and open-minded. Nature in Portugal is amazing: Atlantic Ocean, lots of beaches, waterfalls, and parks. Food is good with a big variety of fresh fish, plus the prices aren’t high at all. And the weather was relatively warm even in winter with a good quantity of vitamin D!

Honestly, I would recommend everyone to try their best and apply for Erasmus+ studies. In my opinion, the city that I chose, Viana do Castelo (Portugal), gave me unforgettable memories, new friends, precious experience, and new knowledge.




Komentarai

Populiarūs įrašai