Yusuf's Erasmus+ experience: University of Economics in Katowice

Misunderstandings

First of all, I would like to tell you: from the first day it was very strange to me to come to Poland, Katowice because I have never been here before so what I noticed first was that in Katowice almost nobody speaks English language. It was big problem for me, because I cannot speak Polish language to communicate. Though, I managed to communicate using my body language. I also had some problems with my new mentor: he was not too helpful, he just wrote me before coming to Katowice. I was trying to get some help from him, because before coming to Katowice university sent me an email, that there are no places left in the dormitory, so I had no place to stay. Later on I just reserved a place in a hostel with my friend which also did not have a place in universities dormitory. First months I thought "why I came to Katowice?", but then I found one more hostel to stay for longer time. Anyway, I just wanted to share my problems.



University & experience

In university they have high quality education: professors are clever and they motivate you to study more! For me it is the most important part about studying: I did not feel bad waking up in the morning thinking that I need to go to classes. I loved the teaching system in Katowice.

Experience itself was not bad: I have visited almost all historical places in Katowice. But in daily life it was weird: city is small, a lot of disturbing people in the streets. But did I like Katowice? I did! I just have experience now, so trust me when I say, that before going to any country, you should learn a little bit of the language, because around 80% of people in Katowice did not speak English whatsoever.

I recommend this university for people who care about education. There were some lectures where I could learn how to use programs like SPSS, and other lectures gave us some interesting practical experience, like Marketing Management in Services.


Good luck!

Yusuf Dursun
VVF, BA year 4, University of Economics in Kotowice (Poland), autumn semester 2016-2017 




Komentarai

Populiarūs įrašai