First impression from Malta: “oh this summer is going to be interesting and HOT”


First impression from Malta: “oh this summer is going to be interesting and HOT”


Susith Nonis started his internship in June and have already seen about half of the main attractions on the island. First challenges for him were definitely - to get used with the Mediterranean climate! “Mostly I was shocked by the temperature difference because when I left Vilnius it was 14 degrees and here in Malta it was 37 degrees. I didn’t expect it to be this hot. Also the island surprised me because it turned out to be completely different from what I expected. First impression was - oh this summer is going to be interesting and HOT!“

Susith is working in a aquaculture research company, and it is something new for him. ‘‘The work is pretty interesting, i am not very proficient in this field so there’s a lot to learn. My duties at the company are to manage the social media, suggest changes for the website, help organize events and make videos“. Even if the local language is Maltese, Susith have no problems in getting along with the locals. As the second language is English, there is no language barrier. „The people here are extremely friendly and kind. I already have made friends with both, local and international friends since the company is filled with people from different nationalities and  it’s really nice”.
Susith is trying to be very active not just at his job, but in social life too. “The work week is a bit hard to go out exploring since the work finishes at 18.00. Sometimes during the week i go to nearby cities or the beach but most of exploring goes during the weekends. It’s a small island so, by now I have seen about half of the main attractions in the island“ - says Susith.

Even, if the Maltas' landscape is breathtaking and each day spent there seems to be unforgettable, Susith would like to have a job in different country place. „I don’t think i see myself working in Malta or continuing this internship because I have to finish my studies, also I would prefer a bit colder country and work in the ICT field, but, I definitely would like to come back for a short break.“ 

Komentarai

Populiarūs įrašai