Architectural experience in Oslo


Salomėja's story of her Erasmus+ internship time


At the end of bachelor studies, I‘ve started to develop some thoughts about what it would be like to experience architecture on different scale. Erasmus+ traineeship was the way, which led me to expand my personal and professional boundaries.

I was lucky to get a vacancy at SET arkitekter office in Olso and a huge motivation to learn more! The office was small, but the size doesn’t speak about quality! I had nice experience in many ways: by discussing various topics I found out so many things I didn’t know and wouldn’t think about; projecting – I improved my skills and gained  new ones; exchanging – thousand cups of coffee and discussions about never ending different kind of music at the office.

During internship, I had a chance to be a part of ongoing different scale projects, which follow sustainability principles – something I haven’t done before.
I am thankful to a certain professional who I have worked with in style, ways of designing processes and developing ideas, for a different point of view and approach to problem solving and for sharing thoughts that inspired me to improve my skills, thus leading me to start wanting to explore more and to learn more.

Oslo is a city with a very good vibe. It’s perfect for fresh architects to explore. The face of the city is changing very fast and it causes many discussions and attracts many architects from abroad. I think experience like this is necessary to take with no expectations in advance. Things going to be great if only you let that happen!


Komentarai

Populiarūs įrašai