[EN] ERASMUS traineeship experience at the University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn


We encourage you to read Oleksandra's experience in Poland!

Hi, my name is Oleksandra, I am a PhD student from Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, who lived an Erasmus experience in Olsztyn. I hope my story can help you in case you decide to start an experience like mine, in one of the most beautiful and fascinating cities in the Poland.

Being a part of the  Department of Mechatronics and IT Education has been an amazing and enriching experience.  You will be very happy after the Erasmus in this Department. It will be huge boost for your mind, spirit and self-confidence: be ready to get the best from your experience. It can change your life completely.

What was the reason for my interest in this internship at University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn? During my PhD studies at the Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, I developed a deep interest in reseach of alternative fuel that can be used in compression-ignition engine.
First of all, I was  impressed by the scientific research of  Prof. Sławomir Wierzbick and  Dc. Kamil Duda, which are of particular interest for me and which I would love to study in great detail. And the second, Department of Mechatronics and IT Education has the high-tech laboratory equipment for biofuel quality research.

On top of that, it allowed me to meet some very wonderful people, whom I hope to retain as both friends and colleagues!
So, it was three months intense and enthralling research work where I got practical and valuable knowledge of how to design and conduct my own research. It was a great to opportunity to contribute to a research project that was most unique to my Erasmus exchange programme.
Mentors were always willing to help me and available for my questions. It made me feel really welcome.


By the end of your Erasmus, you will have plenty of stories to tell and many memories that you will keep close to your heart. Although you might be sad when it all comes to an end, you will realize how lucky you were to be able to have this opportunity.
Definitely, I would recommend Erasmus+ programme as a Olsztyn destination! This city is active with a very high student population, a good transportation system hence making the life very easy. The city has a lot to offer for the free time and weekends. Living abroad during your traineeships and studying something new in a different way is that you will never ever forget. Good luck in your new experience!

Komentarai

Populiarūs įrašai