Graduates internship experience in Barcelona during COVID-19: I brought much value to this company


I arrived in Barcelona for my internship after Spain opened up its borders for traveling. 
The first week in the company was really challenging, because I saw how emotional and impatient my employer is I got scared on the second day, because another intern girl quit because the employer shouted aggressively at her because she printed some papers wrongly. 
I thought the same would happen for me as well, so I started to think about going back to Lithuania. 




However, the next day the employer with other employees explained the situation and apologized in advance if that would ever happen to me and told them to not take it personally. Then I stayed and continued working in this company as an only intern. 

After a month, another intern girl came, and I had to do onboarding because I was the only one in the office at that time, the rest of the staff was on holiday, and my mentor was working from home. 
So, it was a bit challenging, because nobody explained to me how to do onboarding and integrating new interns. 

Overall, I faced quite many challenges working in this company, because there were lacking clear explanations and smooth communication. Also, many times I felt a lot of pressure and stress because of their working culture. 

I don’t feel that I learned much, however, I feel that I brought much value to this company with the skills that I already had. 

However, despite a quite tough working experience, I am satisfied with the Erasmus program itself. It is the third time for me going on the Erasmus experience, and despite various difficulties, I still very liked it and would do it again if I could!

Because I experienced so many great things, met many people from different cultures, and plus, I improved a lot in both languages - Spanish and English. I can strongly say, Erasmus formed my personality in a good way: I became more open, tolerant, more friendly, and adventurous. Would definitely recommend that to anyone! 


Laura Musauskaite





Komentarai

Populiarūs įrašai