Internship at the Technical University of Liberec (TUL)

I have had an Erasmus+ internship after finishing my master’s degree (Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering) at Vilnius Gediminas technical university. As I’m intersected in materials science and nanomaterials, I have chosen to have my internship at The Institute for Nanomaterials, Advanced Technologies, and Innovation at the Technical University of Liberec (TUL) in the Czech Republic. 

The research institute is in Liberec which a city in the north of the Czech Republic, the location of the city is more than perfect with beautiful nature around and beautiful mountains. Not just that, but the city is a few kilometers from the polish and the German borders. There are a lot of activities that can be done in the city including skiing in the mountains which are not in every city you do your Erasmus+ in. If you would like to know more about what you can do and visit around in Liberec, I do recommend giving this site a glance. 

The research topic I worked on aimed to merge materials science and image processing and 3D reconstruction techniques. The topic was partially new for me but as with every new topic, you get more knowledge and you improve your personal and research skills. The institute has some cutting-edge technologies and facilities, many projects are with industrial partners like Skoda Auto company. The university has also a canteen where students can get meals at affordable prices. Also, the university issues you an ISIC card so you can get all the student’s reductions on public transport, museums and many more discounts. The university dorms are one of the best in the Czech Republic and the prices are affordable for students.

I had my own desk and PC during the internship, below is my picture with the internship’s supervisor doc. Ing. Stanislav Petrík, CSc.  


Finally, I would like to recommend this opportunity to each student at VILNIUS TECH to get the benefits of the Erasmus+ mobility programs with the many benefits of getting a monthly scholarship to cover their expenses abroad, getting engaged with a new culture, new language, and new friends. I would like to thank the people behind the Erasmus program at VILNIUS TECH for their continuous support for the students.

Komentarai

Populiarūs įrašai